Monday 23 June 2014

Take me out to the ball game!!

Oh softball. What a fun time! I sure wish our Parkland softball season was a little longer! It was so much fun to play this year!  I am by no means athletically inclined, but I go to be a part of a team, and to have a good time. I hope that I helped my team mates have a good time too.

I'm going to brag here for a few seconds. But our last game of the season, I played my very best. I caught 2 balls at home plate to get out runners. My last time up to bat, I hit the ball right passed the third base man! And while that hit didn't allow me to get any further than 1st base, I did make it the 3rd base in that inning. I really wanted to make it home! Okay, I'm done now. I'm just proud that my skills improved, at least for the last game.

Initially, I didn't think I'd even consider playing again next year, but it's just so much fun, I'm not sure I can help myself. I really love it! I also love having my boys come and cheer me on. Josh is my very best cheerleader, and I love that they have a fun time coming out to the ball game. I hope that by watching me play, the boys will in turn be interested in group sports. I (vaguely) remember playing softball as a kid, and what I remember is mostly good. I think I got hit in the shoulder at one point by a ball, but it must not have scarred me. Haha.

I'm pretty smart about sunscreen on these weekends of softball, so I didn't get any bad burns, but for the first time in as long as I can remember I burnt the backs of my legs. But just my calves. Weird. And my legs almost never change colour, but checking out my legs this morning, they have a slight pink to them! Yes! My legs do change colour! Hip hip horray!

Oh, why isn't it April of next year yet?! I don't want softball to be over!!


Hey Human Beings team -- I'll see you next year on the field!!!! (Well, and probably all year until then at church... ;) )


I probably lost a lot of valuable packing time over the weekend of softball, so I'd better get to it! I may not be back for a bit, so in the meantime, Enjoy your summer, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment