Saturday 23 August 2014

Projects

As some of you may know, I'm not exactly a "tread lightly" kind of person. I don't usually hold my tongue (though I'm learning) or go slowly into new things (i.e. moving and getting a puppy in the same week).

Well, I was actually a pretty slow start getting into sewing. Josh got me a sewing machine at Christmas, and while I did a few small projects a few months later, my poor machine has sat unused since March. Until about a week ago. Josh asked if I would sew up some blackout curtains for our bedroom. I don't really enjoy hanging curtains, the process of installing curtain rods is just about the worst thing I can imagine, so I put up a tension rod, instead. Truly, it's a good thing people don't typically see inside our bedroom, because I really did a poor job on those curtains. The tension in my machine was all wrong, so the seams on the blackout curtains were rough, to say the least. Oh well, they serve their purpose, our room is delightfully light free all night long, and very dark through the day.

I've figured out my machines tension issue, and haven't been able to stop sewing since. I just finished making up few (WARNING TO MUCH INFO) mama cloth menstral pads. I still did a sloppy job, but I probably won't be showing those off to my friends, haha. 

My current project is sewing curtains for the kitchen window. I was pursuing ValueVillage about a week ago, and found a huge bolt of (what I think is) satin, with beautiful yellow stripes. I have enough fabric that if I botch the curtains, I'll just try again. And, if I don't botch the curtains, I'll have enough fabric to recover the dining chairs, yay! More projects! Although, recovering the chairs won't require any sewing. 

Back to the kitchen curtains. Want to see what the fabric looks like? 


Mmmmm isn't that gorgeous?! It's going to fit so well with the decor I've for going in our living areas. 


I can't wait to show you the finished product! (And maybe a "tutorial", if I don't make a total mess of it!) 

Hope you're having a great weekend!!




1 comment: