Thursday 14 August 2014

Thankful Thursday




















               

Now that we're getting more settled in our new place, I reflected on a few things about our old place we didn't really like, and they're making up some of my Thankful Thursday list.


1. No more solicitors at our door. I no longer have to peek out the window to see if someone is going to be trying to sell something to me, or to attempt to convince me to convert to their religion. *sigh of relief*

2. No more noisy, inconsiderate, foul smelling neighbors. Best. Part. Of. Moving.

3. A whole new space to decorate. I am by no means an interior decorator, but I'm pretty excited to put our "touch" on this space. I put up a mini "gallery wall", and will add more to it as time goes on, I'm sure.

4. A self cleaning oven. Obviously this is a TOP priority, and I really could not have gotten more excited when I realized it. I haven't had the pleasure of using the feature yet (you know, summer heat waves and such), but once it's cold outside, it's ON. (I shouldn't be this excited about not having to physically clean my oven... but it's the little things, people ;) )

And other than things pertaining to our old place:

5. The rain. I know I'm always super thankful for the sun, but it has been HOT this past week and I am enjoying the break. It's been 2 days, so I'm pretty much ready for the sun again :)

6. Parks and Rec. Thomas has expressed an interest in Soccer, so we'll be enrolling him in a "season" this fall. I googled and googled, and everything seemed so expensive for the amount of time he'd be on the field, until I checked out the Abbotsford Parks and Rec online -- soooooo much more affordable. And a nice amount of time to see if he likes it or not - 6 weeks. Very doable for us.

7. The boys enthusiasm to help me in the kitchen. Sometimes they're not helpful one bit, but a lot of the time they are both very good at doing the tasks I put out for them. It's so fun to have them helping me, and it makes it more fun for them to eat their dinner because they know exactly what went into.

8. Amazon. I recently got a new phone, and with a new phone comes a new case. Do you know how ridiculous the cost for a cell phone case can be? I saw a few that were $50 +. Obviously, they've got all sorts of bells and whistles, but holy cow! Amazon, however, has some pretty solid cases for very good prices. My new case should be here any day now, and I can stop worrying (as much) about killing me phone by dropping it. :D

9. Ginger Ale. I get upset stomach's quite often, and most of the time the fastest solution is a cup of flat ginger ale. It really saves me from hours of discomfort, and I always appreciate it more when I haven't had it in the house for awhile.

10. Echo obeying us when we say "go to bed". It took a couple nights of struggle to get him there, but now he'll go when we ask, with little resistance. He's really training up well. Love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment