Thursday 4 September 2014

Thankful Thursday

It doesn't quite feel like 7 days between each Thursday, but I guess we're back here again aren't we!




This week I'm thankful for:


1. Preschool not being affected by the strikes happening. I fully support the teachers, but I'm really glad Thomas and Hannah's preschools aren't cancelled for the foreseeable future. It'll be really nice to have some 1 on 1 time with Elliott (while Gracie Lou naps). 

2. That it isn't quite fall yet. Last week was pretty chilly weather wise, and I'm super happy that it's warmed back up again. I feel like we've had a great summer for sunshine, but I'm just not quite ready to let it go.

3. My brave, confident boy, Thomas. While sometimes I wished he have more stranger aversion, it's really nice that I don't have to worry about him getting upset when I drop him off at preschool. 



4. The freedom to do church at the park. Last Sunday our church service was at a local park instead of our church building. If was great to be out in the community, letting people know we were there. It was a fun time. 

5. Sunglasses. The sun is nice and all, but sunglasses make a gorgeous day even better. Also helpful if your eyes are very sensitive when you get migraines. 



6. The Fray. One of my favorite bands, I can listen to them all day, any day. One of my all time favorite songs of theirs is Be Still.



7. The Bible App (for kids!) The boys and I like to go through a bible story before bedtime a few times a week. They're still a little young to fully follow a story, so The Bible App really comes through for them. It's cute, interactive, and asks questions along the way that are easy to understand, and to answer. They LOVE it.



8. That I finished my kitchen window curtain project. I'll show off the finished product tomorrow, when there's better lighting to take a picture. It took me longer than I'm happy with, but life just gets in the way sometimes. Next project -- Recovering and painting the dining chairs!

9. Our giant bedroom. Seriously, our "master" bedroom is huge. We're *cough* fixing *cough* the closet storage system we may have broken, and it's a good thing our room is as big as it is or we'd have clothing in the living room... We also keep the dogs humongous crate in there, a dresser, a night table, a side table and a queen size bed. It's intense.

10. Ideas. I'm only just becoming a "creative" person, gearing my "creativity" to making our home beautiful, but I'm really enjoying this whole creative process. Obviously Pinterest helps me come up with A LOT of ideas, but even today, I perused Value Village for a couple minutes and saw some hideously ugly table lamps, but instantaneously wanted to buy them, paint them, get some cool shades and put them in our bedroom.


What are you thankful for this week?

2 comments:

  1. This is going to sound very strange but I feel like your boys could be related to my family :) So fun that Thomas and Hannah get to go to preschool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not strange at all, Louise! Trish and I might refer to one another as "sister wife". We share kids, pets, house hahaha

      Delete