Thursday 17 April 2014

Thankful Thursday

I am so thankful for

1. Rene's Caesar Salad dressing. I haven't bought this dressing in YEARS, but decided to grab a jar during the last grocery shop... OH I HAVE MISSED IT! It's definitely the very best caesar salad dressing ever. So creamy, and thick, and garlic-y. Makes me soooooooooo happy, all I want to do is eat salad. 

2. Flea Treatments. We battled a flea problem with our cat for over a year, and finally I decided to order some super strong stuff (that is only sold in the US) and it's working so well. Poor Little Foot was convinced that the scratching post we have for him was giving him the fleas, but now that they're gone, he's happy to scratch it and climb it like his normal self. He even fell asleep on my lap today, which hasn't happened in years. I'm so glad he's feeling better!

3. Essential oils. Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary... ect. I love them. While the boys and I were sick I used up an entire bottle of Eucalyptus oil in their humidifer and on a damp cloth on my fan. It really helped us recover faster from the cold and I actually didn't catch the cold until I ran out of Eucalyptus. I've used Tea Tree oil with coconut oil to battle diaper rashes. Rosemary and Mint are one of my favorite combo's just for a nice fragrance, and they're helpful in calming anxiety. S'good stuff!

4. Spin Toothbrushes. Specifically with characters on them. Like Thomas the Train and Mario. I picked up some new toothbrushes for the boys and THEY LOVE THEM. They're obsessed. They want to brush their teeth all the time. This is very valuable to me because before they (specifically mr.E) fought me tooth (hah!) and nail. Yay for compliant oral health!!

5. Fashion Blogs. I can honestly say I was never really into fashion before I had kids. I mean, I wanted to look decent, but now I want to look Great. I love clothing. Nothing like a well put together outfit to brighten my day :) (That being said, in my day to day, I usually just wear leggings and a t-shirt, haha)

6.Veggie Tales. Good, cute shows with a great message easy for kids to understand. What's not to like?!

7. Hot showers. We just enjoyed some super nice weather last week, and now it's rainy and cold again. I love to have a nice hot shower after a long day with the little people, it's refreshing and relaxing, and of course, warming. Makes me forget that the sun isn't shining, if only for 15 minutes.

8. Bacon and Eggs. Seriously, I could eat them all day. Obviously I don't, but I sure wish I could! And the boys love them too!

9. A community of other moms in my church/within my friend circle. Love having other mom's to troubleshoot with and empathize with! It really makes this parenting thing a lot easier to know your struggles are often very similar to your peers.

10. I've said it before (I think) and I'll say it again -- Our Van. I love it so much. I can put (if I wanted/needed) 5 kids, a double stroller and groceries all at the same time. Best investment EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment