Thursday 12 June 2014

Thankful Thursday

That was one very quick week!


Here's what I'm thankful this time around:


1. Yogurt. I could eat yogurt all day, every day, if that wouldn't be excessive. The boys are totally on the same page as me. We like to get most of our dairy products from the States, but lately I've been picking up yogurt at Superstore, and man, they're really got their greek yogurt down! It's incredible.

2. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. For whatever reason (perhaps I psyched myself out), but that last 2 nights I've ridiculously terrible sleeps. I've known for probably 2 weeks that yesterday and today Emma would be coming earlier (6:30am), and I went to bed SUPER early both nights before, but had awful sleeps. What's up with that?! I even took a melatonin last night, and I think it made things worse. So I'm thankful for Coffee today, because surely I'd be a cranky blob on the couch without it. (I just reached for my coffee cup only to realize it was empty. :( Better brew some more!)

3. Helpful little boys. This week Thomas has begun helping feed Emma her lunch -- what a sweet boy! And she thinks it's pretty hilarious, so she eats really well

4. The privilege of getting to watch miss Emma. She's my niece, so obviously I'd get to see her at family things and stuff, but I just love having her every day! It's so fun to watch her learn and grow. She's a joy and I adore her. I will be very sad once we've moved and I won't get to have her every day for day care. But like I said, she's my niece, so it's not like it'll be the last time I'll see her.

5. Cherries. I noticed frozen dark cherries at Superstore a few weeks ago, and ever I LOVE THEM. I put them in my smoothies with some greek yogurt, half a frozen banana and some cocoa powder --- YUM!

6. Ipsy. I completely forgot to tell you all what I got in my first ipsy glam bag, which I'll do something this week. But I'm eagerly awaiting my june glam bag, and I'm just so excited. I love ipsy and that it gives me something (small) to look forward to every month.

7. Softball. I'm by no means the star of the team, but I just have so much fun. It's our church league, so it's really just for fun, and I'm perfectly happy with that. I go, I laugh, I play my best, and whether we win or lose, I always have a great time, and try to help my team members to have a great time too. Life's too short to take a game seriously. ;)

8. Hawthorne Park. We like to frequent the parks in our close vacinity, because our yard can get stale for the kids. This morning we met with some friends at Hawthorne park and had a great time. It's like a scaled down version of Bear Creek Park; a little more secluded, a lot less hectic, and still has lots for kids of all ages to do.

9. Knowing that my struggles are not only mine. This week I've read about a few different moms/women who are having similar struggles as I am (in varying areas of life). While we all might not have it figured out, it's really nice to know that I'm not alone, and I can ask for suggestions on how to deal with things from the other women who have also gone through it.

10. A God who is restoring. He knows the struggles of our hearts, and listens when we cry out. During a recent struggle in my life, I had great friends around me, encouraging me to seek God, and with their help and His, I have come to what appears to be the other side of the struggle, and I feel Him restoring what I thought was nearly broken. God is good, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment