Monday 22 September 2014

Crispier Days Ahead

Or, soggier days, if you live in the Lower Mainland as I do.

It is officially Autumn. We had a great, hot, sunny summer, and I am quite happily accepting Autumn's arrival. Pumpkin patches, and Apple orchards and beautiful colors await us in this season. Sweaters, and comfy boots, scarves and cozy blankets. It's a dream come true after months of hot, and shorts, and tank tops. Believe me, I love me some hot weather, but it is quite time for a little change. I will regret this accepting of change once it snows though. I could live in a world of Spring, Summer and Fall. Winter is a miserable season. 



Back on topic; Autumn. I've pulled out our fall decorations, and have begun putting them up. The colours of our walls compliment the seasons change very nicely. Thomas and Hannah helped me decide where various decorations would go. It feels a little cozier in here now, as I find autumn decorations often make it feel that way. 



I'll probably pick up a few more things to make our home feel a little more seasonal. And of course we'll be getting some pumpkins to carve and put out on our steps. I'm looking forward to soups and homemade apple butter, apple cider, roasting pumpkin seeds, and hopefully we'll get the chance to play in a pile of leaves in the yard... if they don't get too wet. 

I'm also looking forward to the view from my our yard to be all orange and red and yellow. Some if the leaves are turning already, and in just so excited for all the gorgeous colours to make their appearance. 



Do you like to decorate for the season? What season is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment